Tina Carreras, owner of Roots Fitness in San Diego
NASM Certified Personal Trainer/ A-B-CPR Certified/ IDEA Fitness & Wellness Member
Tina relocated from Chicago to San Diego in October of 2005 to begin her career in the Fitness Industry after spending 7 years in the Fashion Industry. Needing a different outlet for her creativity and wanting to pursue her love for activity, Tina became certified as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Instructor for Indoor Cycling classes. After many years operating as V Fit San Diego, she decided it was time to move forward with confidence and a clearer vision for her business, now called Roots Fitness. Tina travels to her clients for private and group training in their condos, homes, schools and parks. Her main focus is to get people moving again and to teach proper exercise form and function by designing workouts that involve cardiovascular, strength, balance, agility & flexibility components. Tina commits to understanding her clients baseline fitness and works with them to improve it. In addition, Tina is implementing and further developing Fitness 4 Teachers, a fitness program that brings exercise, health and wellness to Teachers in schools all over San Diego in the hopes of pouring back into the Teaching profession, combating adult and childhood obesity, and changing the culture in schools to promote more physical movement and healthier standards.
Tina’s passion is to encourage and guide others to achieve and maintain the physically fit lifestyle they have always wanted. It is not an easy journey, but one that involves accountability, direction and patience. Tina is humbled to be in the business of helping people move more and become happier and healthier.
- 24 Hour Fitness, Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA, Feb 2006-Jan 2007- Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor
- Fitness Inc., San Diego, CA, January 2007-April 2009- Independent Contractor; Personal Trainer
- San Diego Athletic Club/ Pure Fitness, San Diego, CA, January 2007-August 2014- Independent Contractor; Personal Trainer & Spin Instructor
- V Fit, San Diego, CA, January 2007-June 2015- Owner, Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor
- Roots Fitness, San Diego, CA, June 2015-present- Owner, Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor
- Balanced Fitness & Health, San Diego, CA, September 2016-present- Spin Instructor
Fitness 4 Teachers, City Tree Christian School, San Diego, CA, February 2015- present
Fitness 4 Teachers is an onsite Fitness program bringing exercise into schools for Teachers at no cost. It's sole purpose is to give Teachers the opportunity, convenience and motivation to get fit and healthy physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually for the sake of their health and our children's. If you would like more info about the program or would like to get involved, check out our Fitness 4 Teachers Facebook page.